tisdag 23 oktober 2012

Update


Wow, my blogging skills are beyond terrible... Saw that my last update was October 9th Sorry about that. It's the 23rd today and I have honestly been quite busy with work, boxing, running, more work and then it starts over! Last race I wrote about was the 10k in Abington if I don’t remember completely wrong. The plan was to do a 5k the weekend after that, but... Somehow I ended up missing my last bus on Saturday night, had lots of beer with awesome friends, got home at 5 am so when the alarm went off at 7 I just felt no way. I was not going to do any good to anyone by running. Well no regrets, had a really nice night out and I think I needed a little break from all training and strict eating!

But this Sunday I did run! I did a 5k in London, been doing quite a few 10k's now and all of a sudden 5 felt so short, when I got to that nice flow and got in to the good breathing I was almost done. Could have pushed the time more, think I was more in the pace I have for 10k's but that's not the important part, not yet!

The important part is that I enjoy what I'm doing and that my shins keeping up! And so far so good, I do feel pain after races and longer runs but it goes away faster and faster. Been feeling a slight pain in my knees and I know I need new shoes but I'm so torn between Nike free run, flex or Lunarglide. I have to go in to a Nike store and have them help me out! But it really needs to be done soon, Don't want to end up with knee problems...again.

Have also decided o sign up for a half marathon in March, looking forward to train for it, to go there and to do my very best and hopefully be back in the game by then!!

On Saturday I am off on holiday for a week, going to Turkey for some sun and well earn relaxation! But I think I'm going to bring my running gear, need to keep in some kind of movement, Can't do nothing for a week, that’s gonna hit me hard when I go back to England and training normal again!

Been adding two boxing trainings a week too, I really enjoy boxing and want to improve, been feeling that I have been stuck lately and just kept doing the same mistake over and over again, ended up with a black eye last week... But last time I felt how it really fell in to place, think my brain and body needed some time to process it all. It's so much to think of and now I got a better hang of it! Still need to be faster, stronger and work a lot on my technique. But practice makes perfect!  

Keep running people!

GymGymGymGym

Pre-race!!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar