tisdag 9 oktober 2012

Back on track


I am terribly sorry for the complete lack of updates... I have been busy with work and to settle in all right! Been in England a little more than a month and I'm loving it! This is really a great country, and so different from living in America!

When it comes to training it's been going very well. Since I got here I’ve done one 5k and three 10k races and been improving my time at every race. I finally got it all to work out with boxing, at first it looked like I couldn’t get the schedule to get any good when I added boxing twice a week, but with a little modification and one day with double workouts it has been working out great! And now, two and a half weeks in it feels really good. My shins are doing okey, still hurts but I want to believe that the pain is not as intense as before and that after I had a long run or a race the pain dose go back faster than before. And since it's not getting worse I am going to keep going!

Been making progress in the gym as well, my upper body is no longer comparative to a slug, now its more like something with an actual spine! It's incredible how just two weeks of workout and clean eating can make such a visibly different! I'm far from confident enough to put up pictures of that, you just going to have to trust be on the progress part! Who know, maybe one day!

Next weekend looks like it's going to be no races, just a chill laid back weekend, and back to it October 21th,, when it's a 5k in London! I have actually though about to sign up for a half marathon in March, that has been one of my main goals and to able to complete that would be fantastic! We'll see!

I am also in great need of a new pair of running shoes, I have my old pair that I use for hard ground pavements and then I have my trail shoes, New Balance 110, that I'm very happy with but they don’t do a very good job on a 10k pavement race... I've been looking in to different Nikes, Free run, Lunarglide and Flex. They all seem to have there pros and cones. If anyone have any experiences with any of these shoes or if you have any good suggestions please share it with me! They need to be good for running on hard grounds for a fair amount of miles!

Off to bed now to rest my quite sore body, boxing is really kicking my butt! :)

I so deserved this on my birtday!





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar