tisdag 11 september 2012

The big fuss about the KTtape


This post would be even better if I actually had done some kind of exercise today... Well it's been a busy day, started with an appointment at the bank and then it just kinda went on from there. Torn about tomorrow, I wanna run, want to get back what I lost when I was sick, but on the other hand it's gym day tomorrow and I do tend to postpone or find a good excuse to skip gym and run instead. We'll see tomorrow, maybe a do a little bit of both.

Took off the KT-tape yesterday and haven’t put any new on. I got recommended another brand ( same everything but another seller and brand) and I don't know if it's just me and my old habits and wild imagination but I'm not quit as happy with this one. It comes off, not as water resistant and I don't get the same effect. Ordered a bunch of the “real” KT-tape and waiting for it to arrive. But if I'm going running tomorrow I might as well get all taped up.

I have read so much about this tape, a lot of people are skeptical to it, witch a understand and I do think that the companies promote it like some kind of gift from the gods, with its not. What it does is it targets the pain ( in my case my shins ) and relief the pain by relieving pressure and get the circulation going, helps to speed up recovery and lowers the pain. Simple as that!

And the fact is, gift from the gods or not, to highly thought of or not, it works for me! So no, I don't agree that it's just bullshit and I don't think it's just a trick to earn money ( even though they obviously make the most of this) It has done wonder to my shin splints and that's all that matters to me! So instead of putting all your energy on discussions and arguments about the TK-tape or all kinds of other things there is to argue about, take that energy and go for a run! And use whatever technique that works for you! We’re all different, and so are our ways of training!




//Malin

2 kommentarer:

  1. I used to suffer with shin splints, but they just seemed to go away after I started getting fitter - not sure why though! Have you tried different footwear?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yeah my shoes are god had a fitting! But as you say, now after a month of running and when I gain my muscles back my shins do seem to get better. Definitely think that the muscles play a big part. My goil is of course to not have to use tape at all!

    SvaraRadera