onsdag 12 september 2012

That's my moivation!






Ended up running today after all, even though I did a little bit of fitness training as well. But my main focus was on running. I took a 4k trail, and luckily it felt better than last time. Still a long way to go, but all those small steps forward is one day going to make a massive different from where I started off!

But today’s run was good, one of those times when you start off feeling good and pretty soon just feel like you want to sit down and die. Like there is not enough air to breath and your legs are begging you to stop. You push trough it and then just get that flow, when it feels like you can run forever! Wonderful feeling!

From time to time I think, why on earth do I put myself through this, trails that never seem to end, rain and cold and shin splint, but that is only a tiny part of the what running is all about. Running is about pushing yourself to new levels, it's the freedom to be able control your body and most of all it's something that makes me happy, healthy and confident. I run for my own sake, I set my own goals and I get a great boost when I reach them.

The whole reason I wrote this was because I read on a forum where this girl wrote that running ruined her life. That her team and herself as well pushed to hard. When it became something she was forced to keep getting better at. That makes me sad, and it makes me want to point out the importances of listening to your body, and to do what feels right for you. No wrong in pushing yourself hard, I do that, but when you no longer enjoy it, it's probably time to stop and think why are you doing what your doing?

Today I actually ordered the KT-tape pro, want to try it out and now when I'm getting back on track with my boxing that also unfortunately fallen somewhat by the wayside after the summer in the states. It means that I are going a lot more workout and the pro is sitting on for up to 7 days. We'll see if it works and if it's making a different. Worth a try!


Random lunch, before the big weekly food shopping trip!

Photo cred to sweet little E who has been trying
out her new birthday camera! The sepia effects is
her favorite so far! She asked me to do a "strong
pose" Not sure how well I did that but... 

1 kommentar: