torsdag 13 september 2012

Listen to your body


Been a lovely day today, sunny and blue sky! I was planning on taking the 7k trail but ended up taking the 4.5 instead. My shins didn’t seem quit as good as they have been lately. Think that was a good choice because defiantly feel it now. Not sure if it's because I rested for 10 days while I was sick and in the middle of moving to a new country or because of the changed grounds, been more pavements and hard ground than I usually do. Well I'm going to rest tomorrow, or maybe go to the gym and do some upper body since my current upper strength is comparative to a slugs... I have really put the gym aside...

Really bothers me when I can't run as far as I wish, and it's really frustration when you get up to 4-5k and your shins starts to trouble and you feel that you have so much more to give. Earlier I have just pushed it and thought I treat in when I get home, put some ice on and so on. Know much better now, my stupidity resulted in me being away for a long time to recover from it. So I know I have to take it slow and don't overwork my shins. Rebuild muscles and all that. But again, very frustrating to not be able to take myself out once in a while.

Good thing though, found a boxing club that is going to fit me perfect! 2-3 times a week and boxing is far friendlier to my shins but yet a great workout. And not to forget, it's really fun! So I'm starting that on Monday, really looking forward to it!

So if anyone out there have any magic tricks on how to treat shins feel free to share it... Feels like I have tried everything, maybe it's just more patience I need. Well I'm really happy to be back running and I'm positive it will get better in time! Negativity and bitterness will take you no way but down! Keep the good attitude up and run like you stole something!


Lovley with a 11 y/o with a new camera in the house... Me
trying to fix the stove...Way to early in the morning...

And me feeding bunnies in the morning, looking tired, and in
a hideous outfit haha. But she insist that her pictures get
"published" as she calls it. And she is checking...
A week and I'll be off the hook!

And a picture actually releted to the subject,
 taped up and a waterbottle
ready to go! Don't forget to drink!!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hey there - still no magic cure I'm afraid! It's nice that you feed the bunnies though - maybe you will get good bunny karma and that will help your shins?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yeah, have to face the non-magic here. I can only hope for some bunny karma! They are nice bunnies so who know!

    SvaraRadera