onsdag 19 september 2012

My poor upper body...


It's Wednesday night and 3 days till the 10k race! It has been an interesting week so far, Monday that was suppose to be my resting day turned in to a day with double workouts. Went to the gym in the morning to get a schedule worked out to get my upper body back in the game. When we were done Steve asked if I didn’t want to do a session while I was there. Of course I wanted. Did the cross trainer for warm up, I found that it is a lot friendlier to my shins and still get your pulse going! So after that we worked through my sad excuse for an upper body and an hour later I was ready to just lay down and cry. Haha, well, it felt great to be back on track again!

Went home and took a shower, worked and had dinner. At seven I went off to visit the boxing club. Was going to see the place, talk to the instructors and so on... Well, the very nice instructor Gary asked if I didn’t want to join since I was there. Yeah, what a heck! So after an hour of boxing (and Gary wasn’t easy on me just because I was new, or the only girl) my arms were shaking and my upper body had definitely had a choking first day back at the gym.

Well, I made Tuesday my new resting day, my shins were a big ass pain, guess from the sprints we did for warm up at boxing. Put on liniment before bed and a warm pair of sock and actually felt better this morning. Still decided to do the gym today and run tomorrow. So I went trough another hour of pain and sweat. But it was worth it, always is!

Is now trying to plan these 3 days before the 10k. Need to run at least once, but want my shins to be as fresh as possibly. Always balancing on a thin thread, not wanting to push to hard but still need to get the exercise to move forward. So I will ether run tomorrow or on Friday...To hell with the plan, I'm just going to play it by ear and listen to my body!


Nothing to to with the post, but
horses make me happy and
peaceful so i don't care!

Gym Gym Gym!

Luch! I just love broccoli!

Life saver!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar