söndag 16 september 2012

5k race


Back after a long but fun day in London. I decided not to run yesterday, did take a 7k walk just to move a little. Don't know what difference it did but my shins have been great today! Taped them before I left this morning and I didn’t feel anything during the race. It was only a 5k but consider that my shins had a total meltdown at 2k when I was at my worst I'm very happy with the result!

Feel it a little now but not at all as much as I thought after 5 k on only pavements and rock hard grounds. Except that my legs felt a little heavy ( nothing to to with the shins) it felt great. The breathing was good all trough the race and I can finally feel that I'm on the right track back! I can finally see some progress and that all my hard work, sweat and devotion is paying off. It's so much easier to push and motivate yourself when you see results.

Next Sunday I have a 10k race, and to be honest, I’m a little nervous. Not about the distance , I know I can do that, but of course my shins... Always those darn shins but also it's been a while since I've been out on races and I don't really know my 10k pace anymore and all those things that was routine before... Felt today that my pace was a little unsteady and without the pulse watch I would have been even more lost. Well it's a week till then so I can fit in some long runs and I will calm down! Was about to not do the one next week and wait till October but better to get started!

Met this guy today who ran 5k on 15:55... Very impressive and it really made me want to work harder! Not that I could ever do it on 15:55 but definitely better than today! But at the end of the day I'm really happy with what I accomplished and that is in the end the most important thing!





Nice reading on the train back!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar