söndag 23 september 2012

10k race!


I am so very happy and pleased about today! It was a bit of an early start, my train left Cambridge at 05:55 so I had to leave home 05:15... But it was all right! Had to take a little detour when in London, they are for some reason doing construction work on pretty much all underground lines. But I got there in time, picked up my timing chip and T-shirt and then got my shins taped up! Really like when you come to race and they offer good service, bag drop, massage and professionals to apply kt-tape! Very pleased!

At 9 the race started and I don’t know if I have done progress without really noticing or what but it felt so incredibly good. The kilometres just went by and my shins didn’t bother me. Felt a little pain on the outside of my right knee, but I'm pretty sure that is because I need new shoes. My breathing was excellent and I wasn’t short of breath until the very end when I pushed on. I kept a study pace to begin with, felt like I didn’t really know what pace I could keep but when I got to 5-6k I just felt, I got this. So I could speed up the pace!

And even if I was quite a bit from my pb and even if I could have gone stronger in the beginning I am very happy with the result. I finished a 10k without my shins having a meltdown and I crossed the finish line without being completely run-down. That is more than I was hoping for!

This is why I keep running, this is why it's all worth it! The joy of success and progress, and the wonderful feeling of being able to control your body! The trail was amazing as well, went trough the heart of London, Big Ben, London eye, the Tower bridge and a lot more! Beautiful!

When I got back home I just took a shower and drop in bed with a move, its rainy and I'm tired from a long day! I'm going to reload my batteries and be at my very best tomorrow at boxing practise!

Keep calm and run!  

A second breakfast on the train!



The massage was great!!





2 kommentarer: